Monday, March 26, 2012

Estee Lauder's Illuminating Perfecting Primer ... did not light up my life

Hello:

Today I tried Estee Lauder's Illuminating Perfecting Primer.  It's a bit different from traditional primers in that it gives your face a hint of shine (illuminating), where traditional primers are usually ment to make the face less shiny and keep you matte throughout the day.  Estee Lauder describes the product as: "Discover the power of a primer with this targeted formula that adds instant brightness and radiance so makeup looks smooth, fresh, flawless. Soft-reflection optics minimize the look of pores and flaws to create an even, supple canvas. Special hydrators and skin-soothing Vitamin E, Rice Bran Extract and Shea Butter nourish and perfect. Ideal for Normal/Combination and Dry Skin."




It definetly made my skin soft and gave it a soft, dewy glow.  I would most likely wear this alone on a "natural" day, as I didn't see a lot of difference once I put my foundation on.

Before Illuminating Primer
After Primer - you can see I am bit more even





















It helped my foundation stay on all day, but I am definetly more of a fan of primers that give a matte effect.  But if you have really "dull" skin or want something to use with a tinted moisturizer for a dewy effect (especially if you are tan!) it could be good for you.

With Illuminating Primer and Teint Miracle on

Next up...Estee Lauder's new Invisable Fluid Makeup,

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment