Monday, April 23, 2012

Clinique's BB Cream is more Primer than true Beauty Balm

Hello,

I haven't posted in so long I feel terrible.  I've been working on my "real" career :)  I wanted to review some of the many "new" BB creams that are on the market.  If you look at the "original" BB creams that originated in Asia they were much more than the Americanized version. They provided more coverage, hid blemishes, had SPF, moisturizing agents, and dark spot and skin tone evening agents.  I feel what we are seeing on our market is more like a tinted primer with SPF.

Clinique describes their BB cream as  "This instant morning routine gives skin just about everything it needs for a quick start. SPF protection, antioxidants for prevention, plus enough coverage to banish imperfections. The perfect primer, too."


I did a swatch comparison on my arm of my usual Lancome Teint Miracle vs. the Clinique BB Cream in Shade 1.

The BB cream is on top and it's much "pinker" and creamier

I thought it might appear very pink on my skin as I actually am a "warm pale", but it blended in well.

Before BB Cream
After -The cream did give me a little coverage
 but would not cover blemishes




















I think this would make a good primer, but as far as coverage goes it is very light, and you would need a concealer for any blemishes, under eye circles etc...

Next up,
Estee Lauder's foray into the BB market

Jasmine












No comments:

Post a Comment