Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Loreal's new BB Cream...is not so BB.

Hello:
Today I tried Loreal's new Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream.

It comes in four different shades (Fair, Light, Medium and Deep).  I got the Fair, they had a tester of the light and I would say it's about an NW25.  On the bottle they claim it provides four benefits:
Primes to smooth skin texture
Perfects to hide imperfections
Hydrates for all day moisture
Corrects skin for a healthy looking even complexion

Now, if you've read about the other BB Creams I've tried (Clinique, Estee Lauder,Too Faced) you know I think that these "new" American BB Cream are not at all like the ones you can get an Asia and are basically tinted moisturizer with sunscreen - the same is true with this except it doesn't even have sunscreen! As you can see in the picture below, it comes out of the tube white and when you blend it out it feels grainy (odd), but it is very close to my skin tone.
You can barely see it blended in above the white dot of intial product.
It reminds me of Estee Lauder's Invisible Fluid Foundation, it is very light coverage but smooths you out a bit and has no SPF, and I really think I would use this as more of a primer or on a day I want just a touch of make up - which isn't often.  Because when I put on a tinted moisturizer, BB Cream, Foundation etc... I want it to provide actuall coverage.  With this I feel like it doesn't make much of a difference.

Before

After






















As you can see (ignore my hair it's 95 and super humid here) the BB Cream makes me a little less shiny but not much else.  It retails for just under $11 and I got it at CVS.  At this point I've given up on American BB creams :( 

What do you think of all theses new BB Creams coming out? Like? Dislike?

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment