Sunday, July 29, 2012

Garnier Skin Renew dark spot Corrector & Peel - Inital Review

Hello:
So as I have mentioned many a time...I am pale...really pale.  Like people think they are paler than me and than they put their arm next to mine and say "I have never met any one paler than me!"  But I own it, and I love it!  But It also means the sun and I are sworn enemies.  I have always used sunscreen but I still have freckling on my face that I want to get rid of.  If I'm going to be pale, I'm going to be evenly pale!  So I tried using Lancome's Bright Expert for six weeks (read Week One review here), and it worked ok, but not quite what I was hoping for.  I had microdermabrasion and a Kjoic acid peel and that was GOOD but pricey.  So I was on the hunt for a new solution and I came across the Garnier Skin Renew Line.
I was intrigued by the Dark Spot Overnight Peel as you know you have to take the skin down to get the deep, dark spots.


You only need about 3/4 of a pump so this will definetly last a few months, even with nightly use. 
And I must add it's a little odd to put on a basically a thin mask and then mosturize.  I was worried, but after 3 nights of waking up to super soft skin that doesn't feel dry I'm feeling much more comfortable.
Then in the morning I pop on about a dime size of the dark spot corrector and then my morning moisturizer with SPF 30 over that.  The important thing when using these products is you MUST use sunscreen. I can't tell you how many people say "it didn't work" but use no sun protection.  How is it supposed to break up the melonin when you are creating it in overdrive? 
 So far my skin seems to like it a lot!  So follow me on my 4 week journey to uber-paleness!  Updates weekly!

Jasmine


8 comments:

  1. Great post! I wonder if this stuff works for acne scarring?

    majesticmia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it does,on the dark spot corrector box it says it for acne marks, I have a few red spots from acne and I'll be sure to point out if I notice them fading! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. I'm majorly pale too so it can be such a pain!! I just wish people would bring out a freckle remover haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - Like a pen of some sorts (maybe just with bleach?) :)

      Delete
  3. any luck with reducing acne marks? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of light "red" acne marks and they are STILL there, but I must note if I cut myself or pick at any acne the healing skin will stay red/pink on ANY part of my body for 8 months to a year before slowly fading back to normal.

      Delete
  4. You're dead center about using SPF with your spot corrector--I hear the same complaint from people all the time. "My spots aren't fading..." DUH! You should be slapping on SPF anyway!!

    ReplyDelete