Saturday, July 28, 2012

Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation...is well done!

Hello:
Today I had a chance to try Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation which they describe as:

- Flawless ultra definition finish
- Natural radiance without shine
- Weightless buildable coverage
- Packed with nourishing ingredients
They have 18 different shades and the cool undertones end in .5, it also starts at .5 and goes up to 12 (after 7.5) they don't have anymore cool undertones.  I normally would say I have a neutral/warm undertone but .5 ACTUALLY suited me marvelously as you can see from the swatch below.
You can barely see the blended foundation under the dot, but it does give medium coverage and it left a slightly dewy finish on me that dried down to almost matte.  It's a natural looking finish - you but better :) It is definitely buildable which is nice, if you want more coverage.  It's $35 for 1oz. so it's less than a most high end foundations but significantly more than a drug store brand, but you can get matched up at Ulta or Sephora so it might be worth the extra $$.  Plus you get points at both Ulta and Sephora so it's totally worth it...right?  I would put this foundation in my top 5.  Which are in case you were dying to know:
1) Lancome Teint Idole 24h in 100 (perfect match, full coverage, 24hour wear...love)Lancome review
2) Chanel Perfection Lumiere (natural coverage)Chanel Review
3) Clarins Skin Illusion (moderate coverage)Clarins Review
4) Urbany Decay Naked Skin (Natural/Buildable coverage)
5) Elizabeth Arden's Flawless Finish (full coverage) Elizabeth Arden Review

What are your fav foundations?

Jasmine






5 comments:

  1. this looks like a lovely foundation. Believe it or not i havent tried urban decay stuff yet. Shipping to australia from the US is so expensive. Hoping next yr when I go visit I will buy a bunch of UD stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - Urban Decay seems to be getting a lot of hype this year and I would say "Some" of their eyeshadows are worth it (usually i think their stuff is overrated). So I was actually surprised at what a good formula this was! Shipping is crazy to Australia -why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I found you A Thing of Beauty's blog hop. :) My two all time favorite foundations are both from Revlon -- I love their Colorstay foundation and the new Colorstay Whipped. Both last all day, don't break me out, and are affordable! :) I really want to try this new Urban Decay foundation though. I still haven't been able to bring myself to shell out the money for a high end foundation -- the prices are so insane, and there aren't sales most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Thanks for sending me your link to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this but I just haven't gotten around to it!

    ReplyDelete