Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Essence Volumizing Lash Powder

Hello:

Today I wanted to share a product that I had to try as soon as I heard about it.  It's Essence's Volumizing Lash Powder, I got it at Ulta ( link Here) for $3.49 and it is rumored to give the same effect as the Too Faced Better than False Lash Mascara for a tenth of the price

 
 
Here's the description from the Ulta website: "Essence's set for an absolutely breathtaking false lashes look! It's this simple: Apply your favorite essence mascara. Apply volumizing lash powder to lashes before the mascara dries. Seal with mascara & be amazed."  Also the package mentions not to use if you wear contacts.
 
I cannot really describe the "powder" it's like a a jar of millions of little fibers and if you touch it it feels spongey and then the fibers stick to everything (This is where the danger for contact wearers comes in, I got a bunch of it in my eye first time around).  So you have to carefully dip the spoolie into the powder before you apply it to wet mascara ( I used Maybelline Great Lash BIG review Here).  And since you need to apply it to wet mascara you kinda need to be ready to go with the spoolie of powder.  But once you get it down it does work!
 
 
On the left one coat of Maybelline Great Lash BIG and on the right with the Essence Volumizing Powder and a top coat of mascara.  It's not quite falsies but it does definitely bump up your lashes nicely.  I think you can wear it with contacts if you apply your mascara and powder first and then put them in.
 
Have you ever tried a "lash powder"?
 
Jasmine
 

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a lash powder. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I takes a bit of practice but it does give you a bit bigger lashes - Not quite falsh lash - but better than just mascara lashes :)

      Delete
  2. Haha I bought this as soon as I heard about it too, it sounded different than anything I had tried before. I like the product, but I think the packaging makes it really messy and a hassle to use. Definitely something I will only wear going out or on a date-night, not everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For $3.49 I was like "let's see what happens" - it is a bit of a pain, but the more I tried it, the more I liked it :)

      Delete
  3. this looks interesting. Too bad I cannot use it as I wear contact lens.

    visiting from Beauty Obsessed blog hop and following :)

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear contacts and I use it - but I have to put in my contacts AFter the mascara+powder+mascara process. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is such a unique item! great post! I didn't that their is a thing like this. Im going to try!


    xoxo

    http://epitomeoffeminineallure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it, like I said there is some trial and error at fitst!

      Delete
  5. Wow what a difference it made!!
    I haven't tried it, but I WANT IT and I need it now!! Grrrr
    I have not seen this at my local store, but I will hunt it down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised at the difference too! I almost didn't see it when I went to get it at Ulta - the essence display is SMALL, and it was towards the bottom at the end kind tucked in there. If you don't find it let me know so I can send you one for you B-day :)

      Delete
    2. On my many ventures to the US I have never been to Ulta, I think it would be a pretty dangerous place for me lol
      That's very nice of you :D I might just have to let you know if I cannot find it!! But I will be on the prowl for it on Saturday when I am at SDM

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of lash powder, sounds really interesting I can't wait to try it :) Great blog, I'm a new follower x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used lash primers with fibers, but this wasmy first powder too! Thanks so much for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  7. I would totally skip that. The fact that it's powder scares me. I wear contacts and it would be a painful mess. You have gorgeous green eyes BTW :D

    ReplyDelete