Amy at Small Budget Beauty was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award. What does Liebster mean? The word “liebster” is of German origin and means “favorite, beloved, dearest”. That I'm someones beloved blog means a whole lot to me! So thank you again!
With great power comes great responsibility and so I have a few items to complete:
- Reveal 11 random things about myself
- Answer 11 questions that the person who nominated me has set
- Create 11 new questions for my nominees
- Tag 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers & let them know they've been nominated
- Do not tag the person who originally tagged you.
11 Random things about me...
1) I may have mad makeup skillz, but I can't make my hair look normal without a LOT of work
2) I quilt by hand, crosstich and do lots of other "crafty" projects!
3) I usually get at least 10 hours of sleep a night (I need my beauty rest!)
4) I don't ever want to have children, I've known that since I was 4 years old. And 30 years later it's still true.
5) I am really good at interviews, as in if their was a job interview Olympics I'd be a gold medalist
6) Public speaking is my forte, and I have done voice over work.
7) I'm scared of mirrors at night.
8) I didn't like Twilight (books or the one movie I watched) AT ALL (sorry everyone!)
9) I <3 Madonna and I wish people would stop ragging on her for her looks, did you really think she was going to wear mom jeans and cardigans as she got older?
10) I don't often wear bracelets because it makes me feel like I can't breathe (weird pressure point thing, maybe?)
11) I eat candy every day - and thus I have had 2 root canals.
Ok...now if you are still reading here are the 11 questions from Small Budget Beauty:
1. What is your favorite item from your makeup collection?A set of Chanel pigments/paints to mix your own lipstick colors
2. What's your favorite movie?The Sound of Music
3. Name one makeup item that you would really like to receive as a gift.The Estee Lauder Violet Underground Palette (which may have been purchased for me, but I won't find out til' Christmas)
4. Do you wear makeup every time you leave your house?Makeup-no Sunscreen - YES
5. Name your favorite reality TV show.Project Runway
6. Do you use more neutral or bright colored makeup?It's 50/50
7. What is your favorite color to wear on your nails?Red!
8. What made you start your blog?To help others find "pretty pale" options and good skincare
9. Heels or flats?Heels!
10. Name one of your guilty pleasures.I could eat Dairy Queen Buster Bars all day
11. Do you have any pets?Two cats - Tank and Earl
And on to who I nominate! I only have 3... I love reading these ladies blogs and I CANNOT believe they have less than 200 followers!
WyoSparkles - these ladies have such smartly written posts and great beauty beauty reviews :)
gl0ssy - I feel she's like my Canadian mind twin!
RainySunrayNails - Her nail art is Amazing
And a shout out to Bat an Eyelash who got nominated before I could get to her!
Here are the 11 questions I have for these bloggers:
1) How many pairs of shoes do you own?
2) Read a book or listen to music?
3) Favorite eyeshadow brand?
4) Favorite lipstick of all time?
5) Best part of living where you live?
6) Does the season dictate what color nail polish you wear?
7) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
8) Is the glass half empty or half full?
9) Are you a morning person or night owl?
10) What inspires you?
11) What is one of your favorite quotes?
Again it was a wonderful honor to receive this award!
Hope you all got out there to VOTE today, I walked 4 blocks in the rain to exercise my civic duty! It's hard to believe women have had the right to vote for LESS than 100 years, thank you to our "fore"mothers for letting me have that right today!