Friday, January 25, 2013

Inner Beauty Fiday - Book Club!

Hello!

I am once again linking up with Heather at Blonde...Undercover Blonde for Book Club!



This week I read "The Shadowy Horses" by Susanna Kearsley :
The Shadowy Horses

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads.com: "Archaeologist Verity Grey has been drawn to the dark legends of the Scottish Borderlands in search of the truth buried in a rocky field by the sea.

Her eccentric boss has spent his whole life searching for the resting place of the lost Ninth Roman Legion and is convinced he's finally found it—not because of any scientific evidence, but because a local boy has "seen" a Roman soldier walking in the fields, a ghostly sentinel who guards the bodies of his long-dead comrades.

Here on the windswept shores, Verity may find the answer to one of the great unsolved mysteries of our time. Or she may uncover secrets someone buried for a reason."

Duh duh DUH!

My thoughts - Its an easy read, and the characters a predictable.  I actually got my degree in Archaeology so that's why it piqued my interest, and they actually described the technical aspects pretty well.  Archaeology is not glamorous, it's a lot of paperwork.  And I wish all the archaeologists I knew were hot Scotsmen and we were on an illustrious dig - not so much in real life.  But it was an ok book and kept my interest!

Until next week!

Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. I'm terrible at reading books I start like 6 at the same time and never end up reading any through

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one of the weirdest readers I know. I don't read based on mood I read whatever is due at the library first, or whatever book I have had the longest. I have only stopped reading a book twice in my life otherwise I read the whole thing even if it sucks. And I can't read ore than one book at once - I don't know how people do it!

      Delete
  2. this sounds interesting,i don't mind learning about archaeology :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete