Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Things that work - Goody Spin Pins

Hello~

Today I wanted to share a hair related item.  This will be one of the FEW hair related posts you will ever see from me.  I am not good with hair, and so I wear mine up a lot. 

I got these Goody Spin Pins in my Beauty Blogger Influenster Box (Info Here).  And although I am blonde and I got the one for dark hair you barely see them so it doesn't matter a bit.


On the back there are directions, but it's quite simple.  Grab your hair in a ponytail, twist around into a bun and twist the spin pin in. 

They show using both pins, but I have very thin hair about two inches past my shoulder and I only need one.  And it holds all day!  Plus it makes my bun look a bit fuller, which is nice.  I sometime have to stick in another bobby pin if a little bit of hair pokes out but other than that it's like 3 minutes and no more bad hair day!

You can see the top of the spin pin in this picture and the bit of hair I need to pin down on the top right.  They retail for about $7.99, but I have found generic ones at Sally Beauty Supply (but the aren't as well made).

Have you tried spin pins?  What is your bad hair day saviour?

16 comments:

  1. I have seen the spin pins and have heard really great things about them! I haven't purchased them, but may have to in the future. My go-to accessory for a bad hair day is a knit hat! I wear hats all of the time, even on good hair days, so nobody knows the difference between a good one and bad one! :D Great post!

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been out for like 3 years and I never thought to try them - but it is a good little product!

      Delete
  2. I love these. I have two sets because occasionally my cat will steal them. I have super thick hair so I have to use both pins and usually a scrunchie or something to keep it together. After that though it's pretty much set it and forget it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen your long flowing hair (in pictures) and can imagine it would take a bit more to hold that up - but still it's impressive you only need two! I am lucky my cat doesn't steal these - ALL my hair bands yes, spin pins and bobby pins he seems to leave alone :)

      Delete
  3. I keep meaning to get one of these! It's so annoying using a load of bobby pins for a bun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never get my buns to stay in place until I got these.

      Delete
  4. Love the spin pin! Perfect tool to pull hair back and achieve the perfect bun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird how good it works, like there's not many hair related things that I'm like "yeah totally worth the $ works great". The only other think I can think of is my bun sponge!

      Delete
  5. I bought these forever ago and loved them but couldn't ever get every piece of my hair in place so I retired them! Even though they were a cool concept, they work great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, i love these! Definitely worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm so confession, I hate doing my hair, I have two elastics and a bobby pin which I wear almost always -sometimes I go a little crazy and use to bobby pins lol! I think this looks great but since I chopped off a good chunk of hair last month, I am not sure if I would be able to do this ;(
    I must wait for it to grow back out!! Wah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to cut my hair off all the time - but I have a very round face, and it just doesn't look good. So I have been growing it back out for the last 4 or 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to cut mine, I had gone a little bleach crazy in the summer and there was no hope for it, so I chopped off like 6 inches at the beginning of December, now I just have to be careful and be nice to my hair lol :P
      How short did you cut your hair? 4 years is a long time to be growing it out !!

      Delete
  9. To my chin short - plus my hair is still somewhat naturally curly (but not like it used to be) and so it curls up bit. But my hair grows soooo slowly, that it has taken me years to get it back past my shoulders. Plus when I went from Black back to Blonde I had to have 2 inches of damage cut off. So that was like 8 months of growth for me. I still think it will take me two more years to get to my Blake Lively Hair :)

    ReplyDelete