Thursday, April 18, 2013

Healthy Sexy Hair "Soy Renewal"

Hello!

Today I wanted to share my thoughts on the Healthy Sexy Hair "Soy Renewal" sample that I got in my April Ipsy bag reviewed Here.  It's a "nourishing styling treatment".

The "Sexy Hair" website describes it as "SOY RENEWAL is a nourishing styling treatment made with Moroccan Argan Oil that addresses moisture, frizz, smoothness, elasticity and shine concerns. Also protects from environmental stresses and reduces drying time."


It feels a lot like most "Argan oil" treatments and I need about 3 to 4 drops for my thin but past my shoulders hair. 


First I should describe my hair, it's very fine and prone to frizz, it's not straight and it's more wavy than curly.  I wear it up in a bun almost everyday as I have yet to find a way to style it "down" without spending 45 minutes + on it.  So I used this product on wet hair as directed twice and I will say I do believe my hair dried faster and it was very soft.  But it was still a frizzy mess.  I also used it on my dry hair to tame frizz on 2 separate occasions and it worked for about 30 minutes and then I went back to looking like a tumble weed. 

So this product doesn't work well for me - but if you have thicker hair it probably would.  I also think straight haired gals would enjoy it as well.  But for those of us with frizzy, thin hair...not so much.

Jasmine



7 comments:

  1. Bummer. I hear you on having messy hair; I wear it in a bun to work everyday because it just takes too long to style. When I get a blowout at the salon it looks AMAZING, so straight and sleek and shiny!!! But when I get up the next AM, it's all fuzzy again from sleeping on it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously the only time my hair looks good is after seeing my stylist. Even when I spend a lot of time on it, it looks ok. And hairspray doesn't work for me either - it's like the Honey Badger IT DOES WHAT IT WANTS!

      Delete
  2. I've got thick, straight hair and i wear it down all the time. I tried this out and I find it to be so-so.. it does eliminate frizz and give me an ok shine, but protection.. IDK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who they are aiming this product at!

      Delete
  3. Hey girl! I need recommendations for shampoo and conditioner as I'm about to color my hair (eek freakkkk out)! Got anything you love?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how this thing smells, haha. My hair always frizz. It's not wavy yet not pin straight either. I'm always using the straightener and I know it's badddd but that's the only way I can make my hair look decent. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't smell bad, its like a warm oil smell. I think the straightener is not AS bad if you keep it on a lower heat.

      Delete