Monday, May 13, 2013

Blog Every Day in May - Day 13

Hello!

It's Day 13 of Blog Every Day in May!



Today's Prompt is - "Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be."

I don't like apologizing in the first place, but right now "I will apologize for this boring post!" 

I think my readership has dropped by half during this month, so sorry...

Speaking of, does anyone have some suggestions for blogs I can read?  Lately the blogs I read have not posted or seemed to have faded out, and I'm only left with like 7 that I actually read.  So suggest some!

Thanks in advance!


Onto the prompt from Rosalilium.com
Blog Every Day in May

Talk about being green, eco-friendly or ethical. What do you do to make a difference?

We are CrAzY recyclers at my house - my boyfriend knows how to recycle everything.  So batteries, metal, regular stuff etc... we don't have much trash.  I also am an electrical Nazi (is that offensive? I hope not.) Most of the electrical items in our house are off unless we are using it.  We shop local.  I rarely bathe to save water - ha! (joking) that was to see if you were actually reading this :)  Anything I can do - I try.  I would love to compost but renting and compost don't real work out. 

Any ideas for me?

Jasmine

6 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool. We don't really know how to recycle things around here. We wouldn't know what goes to where - the agencies are pretty ehh. I guess you could say we're a little behind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago didn't have much of a recycling system until about 3 years ago - and I wouldn't even be half as good at it if my boyfriend wasn't so diligent.

      Delete
  2. I don't know what it is but lately I feel like bloggers have been slacking off. There's hardly anything or anything interesting to look at. I suppose people must be busy enjoying the weather.
    My kids love leaving the lights on where they don't need it or leave the TV on with no one watching, which annoys the crap out of me. I keep telling them it cost me money but it doesn't seem to bother them...grr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand random lights on... but I am also a really light sleeper so it will wake me up. I used to have a roommate that slept with the TV on and was an electricity waster and we had to split the electricity bill and it made me crazy! And I agree the bloggers are slackin! But I think it's because so many are college students and its finals. Us "old" folks will have to carry the torch :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't been reading lots of blogs lately either...I do try to slog through my Bloglovin' feed every day but there have been so few interesting posts! I think I'll have to go back to doing a weekly roundup of the posts I loved that week so other people can find some cool new blogs to follow.

    I laughed out loud when you said you don't bathe to save water. Ha! I remember being a kid and my dad shouting up the stairs at us to take shorter showers to save water. We try to recycle as much as possible but our local agencies are not so hot about it. For example, we can't recycle glass--something about how much work and money goes into recycling it. :( All those wine bottles, just going to waste...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago didn't have good recycling until about 3 years ago, and now we have a big list on the fridge what can be recycled, and then my BF takes the other stuff to the other random places they can be disposed. I actually don't take long showers anyway - I'm in and out! I would love to read a weekly roundup!

      Delete