Monday, May 20, 2013

Blog Every Day in May - Day 20

Hello!

It's Monday (and my FrIdAy!) yea!!!


Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now:

It sounds dramatic but lately I've been just struggling with PEOPLE!  At work, when I run errands & when I do anything social it just seems like people are so ignorant it blows my mind.  I see people snapping their fingers at retail workers like their dogs.  At work people ask the Stupidest and I mean STUPID questions because they are too lazy to even be bothered to THINK.  People let their children act crazy. People talk on their phone so loudly on the EL (And I don't want to hear it! - No one wants to hear about how  your sisters kid...  )

Erggg.  I don't know why I've been letting it get to me but I just feel stressed by it and it's silly!  So everyone please do me and the world a favor, be thoughtful tomorrow.  If we all just try to change 1% imagine the change we could bring.

Ok now that my blood pressure went up 20 points just thinking about rude people on to the next prompt ->

Blog Every Day in May

Talk about something that is in the news today.
"An enormous tornado roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs and killed at least 51 people Monday" -NBC.com News

I feel like Oklahoma City has seen it's fair share of trouble.  The infamous bombing, a previous horrific tornado in 1999, and this.  When nature strikes it's hard to be like "why?" because you know that is the way the world works and Oklahoma is in "Tornado Alley" making it much more likely that they will see this kind of storm. But I guess it still surprises and saddens me too, to know that so many people can die this day in age, it seems like we should be able to get to safety.  But nature is unpredictable and my heart goes out to everyone affected, I can't even imagine.  All the more reason to treat the Earth with respect!

And this is the most depressing post I've ever written!

Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Followed you from Pang's blog. This was a really sad day. My heart breaks for the children and their family. :-( I wish everyone would be thoughtful tomorrow and everyday...but for one day, I really do wish everyone could be thoughtful. This was a sad post, but it's real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually talk about depressing things as there's enough to go around... I can't even think about little kids going thru that without tearing up. I appreciate you stopping by and here's to Thoughtful Tuesday!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that people have been irritating you. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
    I'm probably the last person on earth who didn't hear about the Tornado. I don't really watch the news. Frankly, the news always have something tragic to talk about and the more I see the more depressed I'll get. This is really devastating to see the amount of damage and how many life were lost. Time like these just makes me feel small and helpless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, don't be depressed! I know what you mean about people being so awful though--some days I don't even want to go out of the house because I just don't want to run into people! Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete