Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blog Every Day in May - Day 25!

Hello:






Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad):

One thing that comes to mind is when I was 12 to about 20 people would always comment "Jasmine you're so weird".  And I really got hung up on that, at that age you want to be accepted and be "normal" but I am glad I kept on being weird.  Because now people compliment me on my knowledge and "thinking out of the box" has always served me well at work and in life.  But sometimes I still think back and really wonder what was sooo "weird" ??

Blog Every Day in May


What are your top 5 favourite albums and why?

Now don't rip on my music taste!  And also note I'm not a big "music" fan - I enjoy the silence more than anything!

1) The Immaculate Collection - Madonna  (because I love Madonna and this is a great collection of songs)

2) Rebel Yell - Billy Idol (I just love all these songs, come on White Wedding = awesome)

3) The Phantom of the Opera (Andrew Lloyd Weber play version) feat. Sarah Brightman - I love, love Sarah Brightman's voice and "All I ask of you" is one of my all time favorite songs.

4) Out of the Blue - ELO (this was my jam as a kid!  I put on this record and would rollerskate around the basement all the time!)

5) Johnny Cash @ Folsom Prison - (I just love his voice and the circumstances of this album make it awesome as well)

Look for my glitter nail polish video post later today!

Jasmine

9 comments:

  1. Your weirdness seems to have served you well, whatever it was!

    I love Folsom Prison. I have the poster for it above my desk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still a weird duck - but now people seem to accept eccentric personalities as the norm.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely agree that weird is good :) Better be weird than boring! I also love love Phantom of the Opera sounds track, I'm a huge musical fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost put the Sound of Music soundtrack as well, looove Julie Andrews!

      Delete
  3. People usually think of "weird" like it's a bad thing but I think it really means "different" and being different doesn't necessarily means it's a bad trait. I think when we were younger we were more vulnerable and didn't know how to manage our emotions. When my son became a teenager he said to me "mom, I'm officially a teenager!" and I said sarcastically "yep, it's usually the age where you realize just how painful life really is!" LOL, I'm so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny how we can't WAIT to be teenagers but when its over, you're like thank god! :)

      Delete
  4. That is quite the eclectic selection. :D I'm sure mine would be an odd mix is well. If I could even settle on five albums. I'm actually going to see Billy Idol tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My yearbooks were always full of the "you're so weird" comments. I don't care. I'm still weird, and I have a heck of a lot more fun than everyone else. I'm still the class clown too. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johnny Cash is my man, and I LOVE Phantom. Music of the night still makes my heart melt

    ReplyDelete