Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blog Every Day in May - day 4

Hello:

It's day four of Blog Every Day in May! 


Today's prompt - Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it.

"Be the Change you want to see in the World." - Ghandi 
I love this quote because it just rings true.  If we all just stopped talking the talk and just acted the way we should, the world would change.  It takes each and every one of us actively doing something (even small things) to bring about change.  So I try to be the kind od person I want to see in this world (but I have by no means perfected it!)

And from Rosalilium.com-

Blog Every Day in May

Share the blog love! Tell us about five blogs you love and why?

I actually answered this question not to long ago - but I'll restate my answers:

I love Christine @ Little Red Bow -> She and I have very similar skin tones and cosmetic leanings, but she's much younger and hipper!  Her blog inspires me to try so many colors (I got Tarte Amozianian Clay blush in Tipsy because of her review) She picked out my favorite concealer and I love reading everything she posts.

Beauty Redefined by Pang -> Ok first of all she takes AMAZING pictures and constantly inspires me to do better.  Then the reviews are so well thought out and tested that you know if it's a hit or miss no need to check it out if you can't get to the store!  She has so many nail polish and eyeliner reviews it's like a library of inspiration!  And she is very creative with her cosmetic looks!

Martha @ QuickCheap & Pretty -> She inspires me to try my hand at fashion blogging, make sure I am conscious of cruelty free and vegan friendly brands and she loves to read as much as I do!   I also am inspired by the tone of her vlogs - she makes it very conversational and educational.

Mandy @ Prettymaking - does the most beautiful eye looks and swatches!  She inspired me to start a blog and is my go to for buying indie!

Ronnie @ Bows & Curtseys - was one of the first blogs I ever read and her color work is mind-blowing!  I could look at her eye makeup looks for days.

There are so many more blogs I could mention but I these are all different in their own way while all be being Amazing Beauty Blogs so I wanted to keep them together.

Another day done!
Any blogs I should know about?  Lately my feed has been slow - not many people are posting :(

Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and I think all those bloggers you mentioned are wonderful as well.
    It's not easy to change the world but it does start by one individual at a time. My favorite quote is "life is a journey, not a destination." This is another reminder to myself that even if I don't reach a certain goal that I set for myself, even if my road was filled with bumps and holes, it added more meaning to my journey. A friend once told me that the most beautiful stories are the tragic ones. It kinda blew my mind to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is indeed a journey and I think we all need to realize it's a precious journey (I think we only get one...) And your friend's comment about tragic stories I'm going to have to agree with, if everything was perfect all the time there would be no feeling. we need some harshness to prime the beauty.

      Delete
  2. Aw, thanks for the shoutout :) I love that Gandhi quote also! When I graduated high school my Mom gave me a card with that quote on it and I think I still have it tucked away somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you might wanna visit my beauty blog sometime! found and following via martha's blog!

    ReplyDelete