Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blog Everyday in May - Day 18

Hello! 

It's Day 18 of the Blog Every Day Challenge!


Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.

I remember I used to LOVE going to the library (still do!) and one time my mom took me to the downtown Minneapolis branch.  So I was like 6 or 7 and back in the day the Children's section had the Nancy Drew novels but they were off to the side in the regular stacks that where 8ft high.  (really easy for children to reach the books???)   Anywhoo I was after my Nancy Drews and I was concentrating on getting it off the high shelf, all of a sudden a homeless man with the really matted hair and very dirty came around the corner into the stacks (and honestly he was probably harmless) but I remember it scared the S#it out of me.  It was the first time I had seen someone in that state up close, and I don't think I knew exactly why he looked like that.  I remember I froze and I was so scarred he was going to "get" me.  I finally got my wits about me (I was only 6 for goodness sake!) and ran to the common area by the librarian and just told my mom I was ready to go.  I never said anything about it because I was so scared.  But it's always stuck with me as a very vivid memory.

So that's my lovely childhood story!



  Blog Every Day in May

Who are your best friends and what makes them so special?

Long story short - I have moved a lot, I am old and I don't currently have any friends.


Jasmine

5 comments:

  1. "I am old and I don't currently have any friends"--I don't know why this made me laugh. I don't think it's supposed to be funny is it? I guess I find your bluntness to be funny (and refreshing!). I don't make friends easily either, but I think that's my own fault--I'm too happy doing things alone, like reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I meant it funny/sarcastic :). I feel like everytime I do a blog "question" there's always the "tell us all about your friiiiieeeernnnds". And when your 34, and move to a new city where do you get friends?

      Delete
  2. I can relate. I've moved a few times and lost touch with friends in the process. As we get older, I find it harder to make new friends. People are too busy with their children, significant other, or work, that they don't have much time for friends. I have a couple co-workers that I consider good friends and I think the fact that I see them everyday and talk to them every day, helps maintain the friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And because I work "alone" I don't even really have co-workers. I used to have 2 awesome friends but now we live in 3 different states :( so I'm old and friendless! No big deal actually I'm kind of anti-social and need my 10 hours of sleep

      Delete
  3. I don't really have friends either. I moved way too much to have long lasting friendships. I'm anti-social too though so it's not a big deal lol. My bf has a lot of friends but I'm usually just his weird girlfriend who keeps to herself.

    ReplyDelete