Friday, May 24, 2013

Estee Lauder - Pure Color Cheek Rush

Hello!

I tried out my new Estee Lauder cheek gel and I wanted to share my thoughts!


Estee Lauder describes this product as: "Blush with a rush of cellophane-sheer gel color.
So unique, your cheeks have never blushed liked this before.  Sheer, buildable, water-light gel. Simply pump sparingly on fingertips, then blend." 

I got color #2 Pink Patent ($28), there is also a "red" a "burgandy" and a "purple".  If you follow me on Instagram you saw the red next to the pink on my hand.  I liked the red color but thought the pink was more wearable for me, if you have warm skin the red or purple would be gorgeous.  The burgandy will flatter deeper skin tones.

Here I am with no blush.


The way I have been testing it is just wearing concealer were needed and then applying the gel to a "clean" cheek.  I do of course have on moisturizer and sunscreen.  But I don't apply any powder over the gel.



I just put a pump of the gel on my hand and then use my Real Techniques stippling blush to apply it to my cheek.  In the picture is the actually amount I use and it covers both cheeks, a little goes a long way!


You can see the stippling action  - I then rub it in with my fingers.  It is really sheer but provides a lovely wash of color - it remindes me of how watercolor paints are in consistancy (if that makes sense).



And there is is all blended in - super natural flush!  I really like it - it lasted 8 hours with minimal fading.  I believe it's a Limited Edition product for summer so check out Estee Lauder.com!

Jasmine





9 comments:

  1. That's very pretty! I like the watercolor analogy--gel blushes always scare me because I'm afraid of getting an opaque wash of color on my face! But this one looks very nice and natural. Sounds like it has good staying power too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ELF makes an HD blush in a container much like this and it got opaque on me real quick, but it was 1/7 of the price. But I tested this before buying and it is exactly what I hoped for!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I have been dying to try this blush out!! I love that is is so dewy and perfect for summer!

    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like wearing nothing, so perfect for summer!

      Delete
  3. I love this colour! It's hard to find a true cool toned pink like that. Do you think it's easy to build up to make it more dramatic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say its "buildable" and I would agree. The model in the ad has Very pink cheeks. But its still "see-thru". You can definitely get it really pink!

      Delete
  4. This looks great! It looks like the 'I just worked out' natural flush - very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely! Does it stain your skin too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! That's why I use the brush to distribute it and the slightly rub it in with my fingers. Then wash the hands right away, because whatever it is its like a clear pink stain.

      Delete