Thursday, May 9, 2013

MOTW - Summer Ombre Manicure

Hello:

Recently I found a really cute set of nail polishes and wanted to try an "easy" ombre manicure with them.  I found this set at Ross (kind of like a TJ Maxx) for $4.99.



So as you can see they are mini polishes ranging from neon yellow to pink - they don't appear as neon here as they do on.  The formula is rather thick (but you get what you pay for).  The polish dries to a matte finish which I find typical on neon polishes.

I decided to just paint each nail a different color rather than doing the actual ombre - but because the colors are "matched" it would be easy to do the real thing.


I think it turned out pretty swell - I have a shiny topcoat on (Salley Hansen's Diamond Coat).  And I did my other hand the exact same way. 

So what's your verdict?

Jasmine

9 comments:

  1. I need to try this. I am a nail polish jukie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hand looks like a bunch of skittles! It's kind of fun though :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this! I love warm colours. I need to try out an ombre look like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you have enough polishes to do it - I'm excited to be wearing bright pinks again :)And I just saw the new Essie Resort and Summer polishes today and they are amazeballs!

      Delete
  3. Pretty!! I need to do some summer ombre nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of really love it - and kind of felt childish at work today like a grown woman who doesn't know how to paint her nails.

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty and such great shades for spring and summer. Love ombre nails, I need to try that look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do the "real" ombre thing soon - but I have seen other kits like this - so I am excited to try more:)

      Delete
  5. I've been reading some of your blog everyday posts and catching up on what I missed while I was gone and I Love love this manicure! Perfect way to switch things up!

    ReplyDelete