Monday, May 6, 2013

Review - L'oreal Miracle Blur

Hello!

It's back to beauty blogging today with L'Oreal's Miracle Blur!  I received this sample in one of the magazine's I read:
 
 
L'Oreal's website describes it as: What Is Miracle Blur? It’s NOT a moisturizer, NOT a foundation, MORE than a primer; it’s the first of-its-kind Instant Skin Smoother.

What Does It Do?
Miracle Blur instantly erases the look of lines, wrinkles, and pores. Skin instantly looks and feels smooth, leaving a velvet soft matte finish that lasts all day.

When Should I Use It?
Miracle Blur should be applied daily after moisturizing as the final step in every woman’s skincare routine. Wear alone for a matte finish, or wear under makeup for smoother application and wear."
 
As this is a "revitalift" product their target demographic is most likely 35-55 (I'm 34).  The before and after pictures they show are pretty impressive. 
 
 
The texture is very much like a thick primer with lots of silica in it.  It has that weird soft feel.  I used about the size of a dime on my face, and applied it as suggested after I washed my face and put on moisturizer.  Do I look like an amazing before and after?
 
 
NO!  I look Exactly the same.  Except on the right I have a dime size of primer like goo on my face.  It was 80 degrees and sunny on the day I tried this and I wore it while running errands.  It made my face feel so slimy I had to wash it off 3 hours after I put it on.  I can see it faring better in the winter.  I also can see how some one with a lot of fine lines might like this as a primer, but as you put your moisturizer underneath and I am assuming your foundation over - it's a lot to wear.  I was really hoping for results like they show in the pictures with just softened features, but I can definitely find a better way to spend $24.99!
 
Have you tried Miracle Blur?
 
Jasmine


6 comments:

  1. You're right, I can't see a difference between the two pictures. I've never been too crazy about face primers as they don't seem to do anything for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't like "silica" based primers, MUFE HD Primer -awesome, Estee Lauder Mattifying primer - good. This stuff -blurgggg. When I wear a good primer my makeup looks the same for 10+ hours and I don't feel anything.

      Delete
  2. Woah, you would think it would change something for that price tag. You have such greatskin away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear people like it - but like I said it's got to be people with BIG pores and many fine lines, and that like slime on their face ;) thanks for the nice compliment - I kinda love my skin too :)

      Delete
  3. A long time ago when L'Oreal first brought out that little jar of pink Magic Primer (I can't remember exactly what it was called)--I tried it out and it was okay. It did make a difference in the look of my pores, but it was waaaaaaaay too much in the summer and it made me break out like crazy. :( You could definitely find a better way to spend $25--maybe on real skincare!

    ReplyDelete