Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Thought Provoking Questions



Hello,

Once again it is time for a look into my mind and the mess that resides there :)


I am again following on the coattails of one of my favorite bloggers Martha, from Quick, Cheap & Pretty I am going to do a weekly round up of some "thought provoking" questions.  These questions come from Marcandangel.com (a blog with practical tips for productive living!). Martha answers a question everyday ( or most everyday) and so far I have thought they were very thought provoking!  I'm just going to do mine weekly, so here we go!






What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?  
There a quite a few of them and I honestly don't like to talk about things like this via a blog - it needs to be face to face.  But I can give one example.  I think the idea of Plural Marriage is ok.  I'm not talking sister wives, and living in a cult style.  But if it is all legal, and you are actually married to each one of your multiple husbands or wives - why not?  If that's what does it for you and you all are happy - I could care less.  I couldn't do it!  But I'm really all for many alternative lifestyles.











What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago
?  
I am much more fluent in Spanish than I was!  Me siento muy orgulloso de mi mismo :)  I have an app on my phone called Duolingo and I practice everyday!!  It's a free app, you can learn Spanish, French, German or Italian - if you do it let me know so we can be friends :)  Muy bueno!

Source

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
 It is so dependent on how it is USED...  If it is a true emotional release of course it's ok pretty much anytime. I only think crying is a weakness if you can't control it, and are just a wreck half the time.   The only time I really see it as a strength is in a major crisis if people can hold it together, but they need release too!

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
What wouldn't I do! :)  Ummm... I think I would truly speak my mind and probably confront people on their BS a lot more!

Source
Do you celebrate the things you do have?
I actually think I am really good at this.  I know I am extraordinarily lucky to live where I do, have the life I have and be around the people I choose.  I don't throw a party every week, but I definitely don't take it for granted.  I am very much a person that always sees the silver lining and I really try to help all the "Negative Nellies" I know see it too.

Well that's enough of that for now!  Any thoughts for me, leave them below! 

Jasmine








6 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you see the silver lining in everything! If more people were like that this world would be a much more positive place. A free app to learn a new language!? I may have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just refuse to see bad in everything when I can focus on the good - I have had BAD things happen and it really changed me for the better. The Duolingo app is awesome!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Amy, it's awesome that you look on the bright side! I wish more people did that.

    I also think there are some alternative lifestyles that are not for me, but if it's legal and everyone involved is happy, that's their right. I might not agree with it personally but I don't judge others. Different strokes for different folks. To me it isn't much different than different people with different religions, or hobby sets, or diets, or whatever silly thing you can think of. But maybe that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different strokes - Exactly. I can only imagine if more people were tolerant I think we would have less people going to extremes. And with the silver lining thing, I mean I can be crabby - but I am rarely, rarely negative about anything. Maybe because I'm selfish and I don't give a F*** what people do!

      Delete
  3. I took years and years of Spanish in school but don't remember much of it now. I should take a refresher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This app (Duolingo) helped me remember all that Middle/High school Spanish that was buried in mine brain, and somehow it makes a lot more sense now :)

      Delete